Have you ever accepted something that wasn’t quite what you wanted – something like what you wanted, but slightly inferior in some way so as to make it not quite what you wanted?
Here are some reasons why Level One Players of The Game of Life settle for second-best or often find themselves accepting the unacceptable…
- They feel that they don’t deserve what they really want.
- They believe that what they want is “above” them or that it’s not “for” them.
- They get impatient and opt for an easier, softer solution.
- They have become co-dependent.
- They let someone talk them out of what they want.
- They want to stay in their comfort zone where they feel safe.
- They doubt that what they really want will be fulfilling enough.
- They doubt whether they really know what they want.
Do you recognise any of these in yourself or someone you know?
Notice how fear is a big part of each one of the reasons listed here.
In today’s society, most people live in fear of something. It is quite unfortunate that most Level One Players lack self-confidence and self-assurance.
Here’s a list of things I have helped some of my clients, (and some friends), to understand and become confident about:
- That if you really want something, it’s up to you to decide how you will get it.
- There is nothing you can set your sights on that you are not good enough for.
- That you do yourself a disservice when you settle for stopgap solutions.
- That you do not need to have someone else’s permission to want what you want.
- That you do not need to have a logical reason for wanting what you want.
- You learned to walk, jump, and climb when you were very young by taking risks and that you had NO CONCEPT of a so-called “comfort zone”.
- That we learn what we like and don’t like by trial and error, and that sometimes that causes disappointment.
- That it’s okay, and perfectly normal, to change your mind about what you want – whenever you want – under any circumstance.
- That you do not have to become someone other than who you are now to know and get what you want.
And a whole lot more.
When fear takes over, we come to a complete standstill and we rarely get or achieve what we really want. This leads us to an extremely limited experience. When we know, work for, and wait for what we want, our experience becomes extraordinary.
It can be one thing to understand all of this on an intellectual level, but quite another to implement it and live by it. Level Two Players of The Game of Life know how to respond to feelings of fear that would otherwise hold them back.
If you would like to discuss any part of this information, you can contact me on messenger: m.me/Mr.HappyZander or via the Contact Page.
This content will be discussed further during the Facebook Live Broadcast on Monday, January 18th, 2021 at 7:30 pm (GMT).